2017 Transportation Package
The Association of Oregon Counties Road Program is working hard to ensure counties have enough resources to maintain and preserve their existing transportation assets. The cornerstone of this work is preparing for and passing a statewide transportation funding package in the 2017 Legislative Session. We will continue to update this page with information and resources related to this effort. Consider using the road priorities handouts and powerpoint to educate members of your community on your county’s transportation system and priorities.
Road Priorities PowerPoint Template
- A PowerPoint template for our commissioners and others to use in communicating about county roads and funding constraints.
- An AOC draft of a sample resolution for Oregon Counties to express support for a 2017 Transportation Funding Package
The Joint Committee on Transportation Preservation and Modernization will be meeting around the state this summer to discuss needs and priorities for a transportation package in the 2017 session. In addition to holding public meetings, the Joint Committee may meet with Area Commission on Transportation (ACT) members and/or take a tour of local projects Those possible opportunities are included in the meeting list link below. Regardless of whether or not you are an ACT member, the Joint Committee will want to hear from you and local business leaders. Be prepared to answer these questions:
- How big of a transportation package can you support?
- What would your county do with additional
funds from a package?
- How do you ensure your transportation funds
are spent efficiently?
Click here to see the full committee and the Summer meeting schedule and locations.