Association of Oregon Counties (AOC) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, and through partners, is providing resources and up-to-date information on the state of the outbreak, efforts to curb and stop the spread, funding and economic impact, and other imperative details as counties work through prevention and mitigation strategies.
Please direct all questions to the AOC public affairs department.
Joint Special Committee on Coronavirus Response
The Oregon Legislature’s Joint Special Committee on Coronavirus Response (JSCCR) was created specifically to expand the scope of our approach to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Specifically, the JSCCR is charged with the following:
- Identify actions that will support economic relief and household stability for low-income workers and small businesses who are at risk of being significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Produce budget and policy recommendations for legislative action in a timely manner.
- Monitor Oregon’s ongoing public health response and, if needed, make recommendations for further legislative action.
State Policy Resources
Federal Policy Resources
- NACo Letter to Congressional Leadership on Continued Coronavirus Response
- NACo Letter to Congressional Leadership on Coronavirus Pandemic
- NACo Analysis of Federal Legislation on Coronavirus Pandemic
- AOC Letter to Oregon Senators – Critical Funding Advocacy Letter
- NACo Analysis of the Third COVID-19 Supplemental: The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act
- National Association of Counties Statement on Passage of the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2020 (H.R. 6074)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act (H.R. 748)
County Webpages Dedicated to COVID-19
For information provided by each county, click the links below.
*Information will be updated as it becomes available.
A number of resources are available regarding COVID-19, including information on current cases, transmission sources, travel information, testing, risk, and other pertinent details. Below are leading resources for up-to-date and relevant information.
Visit the Oregon Health Authority website for information on cases in Oregon ; updated frequently asked questions (FAQ) responses; and educational videos on protection, facts, when to seek treatment, and tutorials.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for information on COVID-19 background and symptom information, travel resources, protection and prevention, community prevention recommendations, U.S. cases, and more.
- Implementation of Mitigation Strategies for Communities with Local COVID-19 Transmission
- Cases in the U.S.
- Situation Summary
- Resources for Healthcare Professionals
- Resources for Healthcare Facilities
- Information for Health Departments
- Information for Travel
- Information for Businesses
- Work, School, and Home Guidance
- Communication Resources
Visit CIS for sample coronavirus-related information, including insurance-related questions, leave policies, employment-law worksheets, public-safety resources, preparedness tips, and much more.
Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)