The National Association of Oregon Counties (NACo) will hold a Virtual Federal Policy Summit October 21-22. This event will connect county officials, members of Congress, federal agency partners, and other key decision makers and thought leaders.
The two-day summit will feature informative speakers with practical advice and updates on a range of policy issues. Breakout sessions will focus on the following top policy priorities:
- COVID-19 federal assistance;
- Infrastructure funding and financing;
- National strategy for COVID-19 vaccine development;
- Removing barriers to broadband investments and access;
- The Medicaid inmate exclusion policy for pretrial detainees;
- Dialogue with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs on the implications of COVID-19 on mental health and substance abuse;
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster relief; and
- Federal public lands and active forest management.
To view the full agenda, click here.
With ongoing challenges related to in-person meetings, NACo’s Virtual Federal Po