Dear Transportation Steering Committee,
Following the State of the Union Address, the White House released the following “fact sheet” (A White House term used to disseminate information from their website) expanding some of the statements made by President Trump during his State of the Union Address.
As you can see, while this is not a “plan,” it does contain information we have been reporting on for some time. Additionally, it would seem to confirm at least some of the information obtained in the leaked document from a few weeks ago, namely the percentage breakdown of new funds for projects (50%) and rural infrastructure (25%). You can find the information below or click here: https://www.whitehouse.
President Donald J. Trump Will Rebuild American Infrastructure and Forge a Path Towards Greater Prosperity
As we rebuild our industries, it is also time to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure.
-President Donald J. Trump
AMERICA’S INFRASTRUCTURE NEEDS HELP: American infrastructure has fallen behind due to years of inaction and a broken permitting system.
- The United States ranks tenth in the world in terms of quality of overall infrastructure, according to the World Economic Forum.
- One out of every five miles of U.S. highway pavement is in poor condition.
- Americans spent an estimated 6.9 billion hours delayed in traffic in 2014, or 42 hours per driver.
- One third of America’s bridges are 50 years or older.
- There are an estimated 240,000 water main breaks every year in the U.S.
- Red tape has held back American infrastructure investment.
- The median time to complete an environmental review process of complex highway projects is at lea