Klamath County Commissioner Kelley Minty Morris joined AOC Executive Director Mike McArthur and Criminal Justice Commission (CJC) Executive Director Mike Schmidt in front of the Joint Ways and Means Subcommittee on Public Safety on May 11. Minty Morris talked about the success of the recent partnership pilot grant that AOC received from CJC and the Bureau of Justice Assistance to fund six regional coordinators around the state to staff local public safety coordinating councils (LPSCCs).
AOC LPSCC coordinators work in 15 counties assisting with advancing public safety goals, such as justice reinvestment programs, mental health/public safety coordination, and other treatment/reentry programs.
“In these tough times, we have enjoyed a strong partnership with our state agency partners, including the Criminal Justice Commission,” said Minty Morris. “We are excited about the opportunity this can bring us over the next two and a half years.”
The coordinators are:
- Ian Davidson – Polk/Yamhill Counties
- Shelley Ena – Umatilla/Morrow Counties
- Ken Fahlgren – Crook/Jefferson Counties
- Melissa McRobbie – Douglas/Josephine Counties
- Robert Mulcare – Klamath/Lake Counties
- Jessy Rose – Hood River/Wasco/Sherman/Wheeler/Gilliam Counties <