This page contains AOC publications relating to regulation and taxation of marijuana in Oregon.
In 1973, Oregon became the first state in the Nation to decriminalize certain user amounts of marijuana (1973 Oregon House Bill 2936). In 1998, Oregon became the second state in the Nation to legalize medical marijuana (1998 Oregon Ballot Measure 67). In 2014, Oregon became the third state in the Nation to legalize recreational marijuana (2014 Oregon Ballot Measure 91).
Marijuana touches on many policy areas in which counties are heavily involved, such as public health, public safety, land use, governance, and economic development, to name just a few. AOC and its steering committees are therefore directly involved in marijuana policy in the Oregon legislature. The lead role for AOC is the AOC Governance Committee and AOC Legal Counsel Rob Bovett.
Regulation of Marijuana in Oregon (history, laws, rules, local issues)
* PowerPoint (PDF) (192 slides) (8mb) (last updated September 26, 2017)
Enacted 2017 Oregon Cannabis Legislation (last updated August 22, 2017)
* Senate Bill 56 (The Miscellaneous Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 476)
* Senate Bill 302 (The Marijuana Offense Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 21)
* Senate Bill 303 (The Minor in Possession Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 20)
* Senate Bill 1015 (The Hemp Transfer Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 531)
* Senate Bill 1057 (The Omnibus Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 183)
* House Bill 2197 (The State-Tribal Tax Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 495)
* House Bill 2198 (The Medical Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 613)
* House Bill 3470 Sections 30-37 (in lieu of Senate Bill 845) (The Tax Distribution Bill) (2017 Oregon Laws, Chapter 725)
2016 Oregon Marijuana Laws (selected)
(PDF) (139 pages) (1mb) (last updated April 5, 2016)
* PowerPoint (PDF) (18 slides) (1mb) (December 14, 2016)